Thursday, April 9, 2009

Petunia's

Thanks to a restaurants.com promo we ended up with a $25 gift certificate for Petunia's for $2. I know what you're thinking - you want to get in on deals like that. If you really want to know how shoot me an email and I'll let you know.

So either way we got to try a place we normally wouldn't because they are a little pricey. It had been a while since we had eaten in the Quarter so it was a nice break from the norm. That on top of some pretty good food made it a nice experience.

I was between the Cajun Pasta and a crepe with broccoli and cheese. The waiter directed me to the pasta. It had at least a pound of butter and was completely covered in Parmesan cheese. There was also an absurd amount of shrimp and andouille sausage on it. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of it. Oh and it was delicious. There were red, green, and yellow bell peppers... so it was the healthiest thing I've eaten all week (don't worry about me, I think we are going to Gott for lunch and I'm heading in the direction of a salad).


KM was between the Eggs St. Louis and a crepe. I think the crepe had crab and shrimp in it but I don't remember because she went with the Eggs St. Louis at the waiter's suggestion. Poached eggs, Hollandaise, Louisiana crab meat, and grilled tomato on an English muffin. Pretty tasty and as you can see it came with an orange slice so her meal was healthy too! Add her glass of orange juice (1 serving of fruit) and my can of Coke (1 serving of delicious) and it was pretty much a meal out of a diet book.


So yeah check out Petunia's if you haven't. But be ready to pay if you aren't Internet savvy like us. I mean, honest to God they had a $17 dessert crepe. We saw it. They lit it on fire, even. For $17, I want my crepe extinguished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment