Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Healthy Eating Series: #1 Heavenly Ham


How was your Christmas?  Mine was... filling.  So this week we are going to look at four healthier eating options in the city.  Hopefully you all provide me with some good ideas on places to hit.  I've been here for a little more than a year and a half now and I can't think of any particularly healthy spots... which might be appernent in this post.  So comment please and let me know the places you think have some good healthy options.  So lets go...

Healthy Eating?  Heavenly Ham?  Hilarious.



Let me explain.  I had every intention of starting this series out with a place that was healthy and sounded healthy but things went awry.  First Il Posto was closed and then I was gonna go to Surrey's but it was just so far away and I was so hungry.  But believe it or not Heavenly Ham has some good healthy options.

Now don't get me wrong they have plenty of butter croissant stuffed with bacon and American cheese options too... but show a little self control and you can walk out of there with a fresh sandwich that doesn't sit like a brick in your stomach.



I went with the chicken salad.  Now normally it comes on a croissant but I got it on sliced wheat bead which is one of the healthiest of the sliced breads.  Now I planned on getting it without cheese, but just by looking at me they could tell I love cheese and put it on without me asking.  Nothing I can do about that.

I've just recently become a chicken salad convert so I'm by no means an expert, but I'm pretty sure they have pretty good chicken salad.  It would have been great with bacon on it.  I bet the bacon there is awesome.

So to wrap up.  Heavenly Ham - not my first choice of healthy spots but definitely can be healthy if you want it to be- and good sandwiches either way.  So go there... just don't get the ham... or do... either way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment