Friday, February 5, 2010

Taqueria Corona


Have you been to Taqueria Corona? If you are anything like me, you have tried to go a bunch of times and they are always closed. During the regular season this year, they once posted a sign in the window that said "Closed for Saints game." At least their heart's in the right place. But after a year of trying to eat there once every 3 months, I finally sneaked in with Kerry. They had a pretty extensive menu of tacos, combination plates, flautas, enchiladas, and so on. Though everything seems well-priced individually, our bill did end up being a little pricier than expected. I think it might have had something to do with the two margaritas.


So Kerry had three tacos. I'm pretty sure they were (in order) rib eye, fish, and shrimp. The best thing about the tacos are the tortillas they come in. I'm one of those people that orders corn tortillas at places even though I like flour better. I like people to think I'm authentic. Well, Taqueria Corona doesn't give you the option. They hit you with some flour tortillas that are pillowy and delicious so I don't even feel guilty about them.


I had one of the combination plates. It had a name but I forget what it was because this was literally weeks ago. Let's see though. Looks like I had a flauta, a burrito and a fish taco. It was all pretty good. I do remember that the fish taco was especially good, I think because i substituted the tartar sauce out for some pico de gallo. Kerry had her fish taco with the tartar sauce, and didn't love it. But the fish was lightly battered and crisp and fresh.

Alright, I think that's it. Have a good Super Bowl weekend. Let's be honest, everyone: Super Bowl weekend probably started on Tuesday. Go Saints.

0 comments:

Post a Comment