Thursday, March 18, 2010

Frankie and Johnny's


So Frankie and Johnny's is a classic New Orleans spot.

In all honesty- and  it might make me a bad New Orleans food blogger to say it but- there are plenty of classic New Orleans spots that I don't get all that fired up over.  I think maybe its because I'm not huge on fried seafood.  I'm not sure what it is but its just not my thing.

I think that is probably what led to me getting the meatball poboy at Frankie and Johnny's.  Huge mistake.  Why I assumed it would be a decent choice is beyond me.  I think maybe I figured that if Subway could turn out an edible meatball sandwich this place should be able top as well.  Not the case.  I feel silly even complaining about it since its just not what they do there but it was particularly bad.


Kerry fared better with her fried shrimp platter.  She particularly enjoyed the breading on the shrimp.  I enjoyed stealing her french fries.


There isn't anything wrong with Fankie and Johnny's.  They serve fried seafood.  Just make sure that's what you order.  And they have crawfish.  Who doesn't like that?

Frankie and Johnny's
321 Arabella Street
New Orleans, LA. 70115

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, those pictures make that meatball sandwich look particularly bad. Also, how did it take 3 hours to make these things? But, the crawfish was very good.

Becky said...

I'm not a fan of F&J's either. I always used go along when someone suggests it, but not any more. My main complaint is that the catfish platter comes with ONE catfish filet. That's not a platter.

Post a Comment